Monday, October 10, 2011

A Time of Brokenness Pt. 1

I often hear people talk about struggles and trials in a completely negative way. I honestly can't say I blame them. It's hard to see blessings in times of hardships.

I found myself really thinking about what the point of struggling is. People have many reasons. But today, I feel very led to share my perspective. I don't think there's necessarily one reason for every life situation. But this is one way the Lord has really opened my eyes this past year.

It's been a hard year for me. Filled with brokenness. I've learned more about myself, and more about the Lord than ever before. Yes, it's been the hardest year of my life, but because of that, it's been the greatest.

He calls us to 'Consider it pure joy' (James 1:2) when we face trials. I used to read that verse with a confusion-filled glaze over my eyes. He's been clearing that view. That doesn't mean I'm excited when I face a trial, but He's showing me a different perspective, and that verse is starting to make more sense to me. It's not necessarily a happy, excitement, like what a child feels on Christmas morning. From my experience, at this time in my life, it's a gentle peace. A reassurance that it's not in vain. He has a bigger plan. Bigger than I can even imagine.

It's like He's been preparing me. Everything He's brought me through has a reason. A reason that includes more than just me. He continues to confirm this by bringing people in my life and situations in my path. He's now able to use me in those situations, whereas before, He couldn't.

All the trials a person goes through gives them a great advantage. It helps them relate to more people, thus being able to be used more by the Lord. It's not a punishment. It's a beautiful shaping and molding process. Painful? Without a doubt. But He's making you into the person He knows you can be. A person that He can love through and help people through.

So for all those who read this and are going through a difficult struggle, just remember, there's a bigger picture at hand. He might be preparing you for something that's to come. Everything He allows is because of His passionate love for His children. The deepest, and most gloriously overwhelming love a person will ever experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment